Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Engagement




Ok this is my first blog thanks to Holly, so bear with me. WoW! I was speechless and really caught of guard. I always knew that I would marry Ryan and we had talked about it occasionally but I was not expecting it so soon. During the first couple months that we started dating we took a snowboarding trip to Mammoth Mountain, CA. I remember sitting around the table eating and he just stared at me. I was like what and he responded, "I am going to marry you some day." I felt the same way.
ok so now to the point- this is how it happened. We were in Hawaii on the Big Island at Kona with his family. One morning we woke up and he took me to this beach with Tide pools. We spotted a lot of crabs and then I noticed this really pretty shell. I was scared to pick it up because I thought a crab was in it so I told Ryan to pick it up. He wanted me to pick it up so I slowly pushed it over and I saw my name written in the shell. I then picked it up, now knowing that I was silly for thinking there was a crab in it, and inside the shell he wrote "Will you marry me Azurde?" I looked up and he was on one knee with a really pretty ring and said "Azurde Loraine Harris will you marry me?" of course i said Yes and unfortunately i just kept laughing a lot due to my nervous laugh and the fact that i was so blown away.





I was just really excited!





And this is our child, Cooper. Ryan had him before I met him. The first time Ryan and I hung out we took Cooper to the dog beach and I fell in love with him. I cannot express how adorable he is and how human-like he is.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, you make the cutest couple. I love that you say it happened so quickly because Trev and I had dated, gotten engaged, and then gotten married in a little less than a year which is less time than you have dated. Thanks for patronizing me and giving me a glimpse into your life so that I can get to know this future hubby of yours!

Bowman Family said...

Az, I am so excited for you!!! You are such a cute couple! Where did you meet? How long have you been dating? I want to know the whole story!
What an amazing engagement story!
Love ya!
Meg :-)

Holly said...

Love the new pics. Can't wait for more posts. . . .